Skip to Content

Help with Federal Agencies

The Privacy Release Form is available in 2 versions:
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF file

Kentucky Residents Only

It is an absolute honor to represent the people of Kentucky in the United States Senate.  One of my responsibilities is to assist individuals with federal agencies.  As a resident of Kentucky, you may contact my State Office in Bowling Green to receive help with any federal government agency. 

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires congressional offices to obtain written permission from an individual before a federal government agency can release information to a U.S. Senate Office.  Please complete the Privacy Release form (download is available on this page) describing your problem, the federal agency involved and any other pertinent information related to your situation.  If you need the Privacy Release form mailed to you or if you have any questions about the form, please contact my State Office at 270-782-8303. 

Submit your completed and signed Privacy Release form to my State Office in Bowling Green by mail or fax at:

U.S. Senator Rand Paul
1029 State Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101

If a request for assistance/Privacy Release form is sent to my Washington, DC office, the response time may be delayed as that request must be forwarded to my State Office.  For timely assistance with your request, please forward your Privacy Release form directly to my State Office in Bowling Green. 


Local and State Matters

As a U.S. Senator, I do not have jurisdiction over matters related to state agencies.  For assistance with a state government agency, please contact your Kentucky State Senator and Representative.  To find your legislators contact information, please contact the State Capitol in Frankfort at 1-800-372-7181 or visit

Legal Matters

As a U.S. Senator, I do not have jurisdiction over matters pertaining to civil or criminal court cases.  To find legal assistance, you may contact the Lawyer Referral Service of the Kentucky Bar Association at 502-583-1801 or visit

I have found that the Federal agencies listed below are the most frequently contacted agencies for assistance. Perhaps you will find the answer to your questions by visiting one of these links. helps citizens access government benefit eligibility information through a free, confidential, and easy-to-use questionnaire.

U. S. Department of State

The United States Department of State handles relations between the United States and the other nations of the world. In this capacity, they coordinate overseas embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions, as well as travel visas and passports for American citizens.

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the federal agency responsible for administering the Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP (State Children's Health Insurance), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments), and several other health-related programs.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

The Internal Revenue Service collects the tax revenues which fund 95% of the federal government's activities.

Social Security Administration (SSA)

The Social Security Administration administers the Social Security program. From 1940, when slightly more than 222,000 people received monthly Social Security benefits, until today, when over 42 million people receive such benefits, Social Security has grown steadily.

U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)

The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country. The DoD includes three military departments (Army, Navy and Air Force) and 14 defense agencies. The military departments are responsible for recruiting, training and equipping their forces, but operational control of those forces is assigned to one of the unified combatant commands.

U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)

The Department of Justice investigates and prosecutes Federal crimes, represents the United States of America in court, manages the Federal prisons, and enforces the Nation's immigration laws. In addition, the DOJ provides legal advice to the President and provides law enforcement assistance to states and local communities.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)

The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs is to serve America's veterans and their families with dignity and compassion and be their principal advocate in ensuring that they receive medical care, benefits, social support, and lasting memorials in recognition of their service to our Nation.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is a Federal office within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that administers the nation's immigration laws. The USCIS conducts immigration inspections of travelers entering or seeking entry to the United States; regulates permanent and temporary immigration to the United States; maintains control of U.S. borders; and identifies and removes people who have no lawful immigration status in the United States. The USCIS also works with other Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to uphold the laws of the United States.

Contact Senator Rand Paul at One of his Offices

Bowling Green - Main State Office
1029 State Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone: 270-782-8303

423 Federica St, Ste 305
Owensboro, KY 42301
Phone: 270-689-9085

Crescent Springs
541 Buttermilk Pk Ste 102
Crescent Springs, KY 41017
Phone: 859-426-0165

771 Corporate Dr, Ste 105
Lexington, KY 40503
Phone: 859-219-2239

600 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Pl,
Rm 1072B
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: 502-582-5341

1100 S. Main St, Ste 12
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
Phone: 270-885-1212

Washington, DC
124 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC, 20510
Phone: 202-224-4343